MassachusettsPreschools.org is committed to the promotion of excellence and access to early childhood education throughout the Commonwealth.
Finding a Preschool Resources
Finding, interviewing and ultimately selecting a preschool for your child is a difficult process. The Massachusetts Preschools.org community tries to help but it would be unwise to not take advantage of all of the available information. With this in mind, MassachusettsPreschools.org offers this library of online resources to help you make the very best decision possible for your preschool child.
- National Institute for Early Education Research - Massachusetts Preschool Profile (pdf) — Massachusetts preschool profile and statisics for 2011 (most recent data)
- National Institute for Early Education Research — A great resource for all things 'preschool'.
- Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care — Use this resource to at least verify that the preschool you are considering is fully licensed.
- Strategies for Children — An excellent resource for all things 'massachusetts preschool'.
- Child & Family Web Guide — A truly fantastic web library offered by Tufts University. Be aware that while MassachusettsPreschools.org does not offer you links to commercial resources, this Tufts University site does have a number of links to commercial resources.
- Association of Independent Schools of New England — A good resource to help find independent (private) schools in you area of Massachusetts.
- National Association of Independent Schools — Help in finding independent schools anywhere in the nation.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children — A resource offered by a professional accreditation organization.
- Massachusetts List of EEC Programs by Region — Mass EEC's list of licensed programs by region.